Friday, August 10, 2012

Salad of all Salads

Just to brag a little bit, I make a mean salad. My best salads, however, happen to be inspired by salads that somebody else made--I just basically make them better. One of my favorite salads has always been my own version of Tyler Florence's Arugula Salad and Ultimate Vinaigrette. Both are really delicious, and until recently I thought my "Tyler Florence Salad" was the only salad I could probably eat all the time and never get tired of it. That all changed when I was at Panera the other day and I had their Asian Sesame Chicken Salad. It's super delish and my first plan of action when I got home was to fiddle around in my pantry and make this salad--specifically, the dressing. Yes, I could have just looked up the recipe that I have provided in that handy dandy link, but that was all too easy; plus, I didn't even think of it!
Because I was just fooling around, I didn't pay much attention to measurements the first time around and I ended up making enough salad for 2 or 3 people. Has that ever stopped me before? I ate it all. But hey, it's salad, right? Healthy?



RECIPE (serves 2-3 people!):
4 c Lettuce of your choice (field greens, romaine, mixed cabbage..)
3/4 c Broccoli slaw
1/4 c Sliced almonds
1/4 c Crispy noodles
3 T Sesame seeds
1 1/2 T Sesame oil
1 T Rice vinegar
1 T Sweet chili sauce
1 t Cane sugar



In a large salad bowl, combine sesame seeds, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili sauce, and sugar. Stir until one mixture. Add lettuce and broccoli slaw and toss until completely coated. Toss in almonds and noodles.
For decoration, you can set some noodles and almonds to the side to add to the top after serving.

This salad is light and totally yummy! It's a perfect mixture of sweet, salty, and tangy. Enjoy!

Until your time again finds mine,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment